Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm Allergic to Work

I've decided that I am definitely, undoubtedly allergic to work.

I come to work with a clean slate each morning, feeling fine. By 10:00 a.m., I have a sneezing fit. By lunch time, I've got watery eyes and the sniffles. By approximately 1:30 p.m., I have a terrible sinus headache. I'd like to note that this problem only occurs during the work week. It's not an every single day occurence but it is a problem 2 to 3 days out of the 5 work days in a week.

When I first noticed this pattern several months ago, I thought perhaps I was allergic to something that someone in the office wears, a cologne or particular fabric softener or something of that sort. It is, of course, still a destinct possibility. However, the office I work in consists mostly of technicians and project managers who are in or out out the office at varying times and days of the week. I often go days without seeing some of them, so, it would be nearly impossible to determine who or what exactly is causing this irritation. Instead, I prefer to believe that I am allergic to work and that any attempt at overexcertion, would be potentially lethal.

This will likely be my excuse to retire early and spend the rest of my days (I'm hoping to retire at 40.) sipping Mia Tais on some beach. Untill then, I will have to invest in bigger bottles of Dimetap.

No comments:

Post a Comment